Heritage - 5.10(3) DA Exemption Form - Minor Heritage Works
Before Completing this form, please note:
Heritage Items and heritage conservation areas are shown on the Heritage Map. The location and nature of any such items are also described in Schedule 5 of Camden Local Environmental Plan 2010 and Appendix 1 and Appendix 9 of State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006 which can be found on the NSW legislation website.
All contact regarding applications will be made through the applicant. If you wish to authorise another person/company to be the contact for your application a separate written statement must be provided clearly stating their name and contact details.
It is recommended that documents to be 10MB or less, in PDF and named in accordance with Council's File Naming Convention Guide.
Under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 Section 4.1(1) and Clause 5.10(3) of the Camden Local Environmental Plan 2010 and Clause 5.10 (3) of State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006 (Appendix 1 and 9):
- This form may be used to gain exemption from requiring development consent for works of minor nature or maintenance of heritage items or works within a heritage conservation area. If the place is listed as a State Heritage Item, under subsection 57(1) and (2) of the NSW Heritage Act 1977:
- The applicant must obtain an approval or exemption from the Heritage Council of NSW prior to Council review and determination of this application.
- Once approval has been granted from the Heritage Council of NSW, you must notify Council prior to commencing works. Assessment:
- Council officers will only agree to this request if the proposed work is consistent with Clause 5.10(3), is of a minor nature, and would otherwise be considered exempt development if not for the site being a heritage item or within a heritage conservation area.
- Applications cannot be made for works already or partly completed.
- This form cannot be used for new intrusions into the building exterior such as new openings, windows, skylights, and the installation of partition walls or reconfiguration of rooms.
- This form cannot be used for tree removal or lopping.
- Ensure all fields in this form have been filled out correctly and once completed, submit this form.