Flood Support for the Community
The recent floods are impacting the Camden community.
There are support services available for residents and community members who have been impacted by the flooding.
Click here for information on support for businesses.
Flood affected residents can gain access to NSW wide financial assistance including:
- NSW Flood information and support services
- Services Australia Flood Recovery information on payments and services
- Flood Assistance Resources - NSW Council of Social Service. Information about key supports and services for individuals and communities impacted by the 2022 NSW floods.
- Current list of Evacuation Centres from the SES
- State Emergency Services (SES), call 132 500
- Service NSW storm and flood customer care. Information, referral and assistance through Service NSW, call 13 77 88 (7am - 7pm).
- For free help in a community language, call the the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 and ask them to call 13 77 88.
- Flood registration - Register, find and reunite after a disaster, call 1800 733 276 or go to the Red Cross
- Financial assistance available to people impacted by the floods, from Service NSW. Also see Financial support below.
- Staying healthy during and after flood
Where to get assistance with flood relief
- Replacing damaged documents (licences, permits, certificates)
- Financial support
- Legal assistance
- Mobile and utilities
- Food and clothing
- Child care
- Pets and livestock
- Mental health support
- Disaster response guidance
- Flood recovery health and safety information
- Flood and asbestos information
Flood Recovery Assistance Point
The Flood Recovery Assistance Point in Narellan is open for anyone affected by the floods.
A range of services will be available to help with:
- Grant applications and advice;
- Assistance purchasing groceries, cleaning supplies and essential household items;
- Legal support; and
- Mental health support.
The Assistance Point is located at the Child, Family and Community Centre on Queen Street, Narellan (opposite Narellan Town Centre) and is open Monday to Friday, 10am – 4pm.
Local organisations that can be contacted for assistance
Offers food and vouchers and referral support for those experiencing financial hardship.
Phone: (02) 4655-1567
Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard
Can provide household items and clothing.
Phone: (02) 9191 4999
Big Yellow Umbrella
Food relief hampers and referral support for those experiencing financial hardship.
Phone: (02) 4647 1283