Flood Support for the Community
The February/March 2022 storms and floods are impacting the Camden community.
There are support services available for residents and community members who have been impacted by the flooding.
Click here for information on support for businesses.
Flood affected residents can gain access to NSW wide financial assistance including:
- NSW Flood information and support services
- Services Australia Flood Recovery information on payments and services
- Flood Emergency and Relief Assistance - Updated 3 March 2022 - NCOSS - NSW Council of Social Service
- Current list of Evacuation Centres from the SES
- State Emergency Services (SES), call 132 500
- Service NSW storm and flood customer care. Information, referral and assistance through Service NSW, call 13 77 88 (7am - 7pm).
- For free help in a community language, call the the Translating and Interpreting Service on 13 14 50 and ask them to call 13 77 88.
- Flood registration - Register, find and reunite after a disaster, call 1800 733 276 or go to the Red Cross
- Financial assistance available to people impacted by the floods, from Service NSW. Also see Financial support below.
- Staying healthy during and after flood
Where to get assistance with flood relief
- Replacing damaged documents (licences, permits, certificates)
- Financial support
- Legal assistance
- Mobile and utilities
- Food and clothing
- Child care
- Pets and livestock
- Mental health support
- Disaster response guidance
- Flood recovery health and safety information
Local organisations within Camden LGA that can be contacted for assistance
Turning Point – offers food and vouchers and referral support for those experiencing financial hardship. Their website link is: Services — Turning Point Camden, Phone number is (02) 4655-1567 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard – can provide incidentals and furniture for those experiencing financial hardship. Their website link is: MHC Camden – Secondhand Goods, Clothing, Charity, phone number is (02) 9191 4999.
- Big Yellow Umbrella – Food relief hampers and referral support for those experiencing financial hardship. Their website link is: Yellow Hampers Food Relief - Big Yellow Umbrella, phone number is (02) 4647 1283 and email is email@example.com.
- Mental Health Support