Public Notices and Community Information
Camden Council wishes to advise all residents and users that pesticide spraying will be undertaken at the following sportsgrounds between Monday 20 November and Monday 27 November 2023.
The pesticide being used is Waldo which is a turf miticide and will be applied as per manufacturer’s label recommendations. Waldo is registered for this use by the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority.
The public is advised not to use the sportsgrounds and reserves whilst spraying is being undertaken and for at least 1-hour post application. Signage will be left onsite during the day of application.
- Liquidamber Reserve, Narellan Vale
- Fairfax Reserve, Harrington Park
- Harrington Reserve, Harrington Park
- Jack Brabham Reserve, Oran Park
- Doohan Reserve, Oran Park
- Cunningham Reserve, Gregory Hills
- Kirkham Reserve, Elderslie
- Narellan Sports Hub
- Jack Nash Reserve, Currans Hill
- Fergusons Cricket Facility, Camden
- Emerald Hills Reserve, Emerald Hills
For more information phone 4645 5182.
Camden Council is constructing new footpath networks to the Miss Llewella Davies Pioneer Walkway in Camden Town Farm as part of the Nepean River Trails project.
Walking trails may be closed from time to time up until Friday 22 December 2023 to safely deliver this project.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
A section of the Miss Llewella Davies Walkway at Camden Town Farm (indicated by the red line on the image) is closed to undertake upgrade works as part of the Nepean River Trail program.
The remainder of the walkway will remain open.
Safety fences and signage will be installed at the boundaries of the construction zone. Walkway patrons should not enter the construction zone or livestock paddocks.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Pluto Avenue, Leppington between Milky Way Street and Byron Road will be closed from 6am-6pm on Sunday 15 November to undertake road works.
Access will be maintained for residents only.
The Birriwa Reserve basketball courts will be closed between mid-November and early December to undertake refurbishment works.
Thank you for your understanding.
On 9 May 2023, Council resolved to publicly exhibit an amendment to the Oran Park Development Control Plan – Part B1 Oran Park Town Centre (Oran Park DCP), and granted delegation to the General Manager to adopt the DCP if no unresolved submissions were received. This delegation was granted in accordance with the amended delegations issued by the Secretary of the Department of Planning and Environment on 19 January 2015.
The draft amendment was publicly exhibited for 28 days from 22 May to 19 June 2023. Three submissions were received, and all matters raised within the submissions have been resolved.
The amendment introduces the following changes to the Oran Park DCP:
- Acknowledgement of the future rail corridor.
- Establishment of future pedestrian linkages in response to the rail corridor.
- Reconfiguration of special areas within the Town Centre including the Piazza, Market Square, Perich Park, Podium Plaza, Podium Way and Civic Plaza.
- Minor amendments to local road networks to reflect approvals and proposed developments.
- Updates to indicative building envelope plans (number of storeys) to align with the building height controls prescribed in Section 4.3, Appendix 2 Oran Park and Turner Road Precinct Plan within the State Environmental Planning Policy (Precincts – Western Parklands City) 2021 (Precincts SEPP).
- Changes to figures within the Oran Park DCP (including the Structure Plan and Building Envelope Plan figure) to reflect known and likely development outcomes, ensure consistency with the Precincts SEPP, and resolve typographical errors.
The General Manager resolved to adopt the above amendments to the Oran Park DCP on 6 October 2023.
In accordance with Division 2, Section 14 and Section 20 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021, the endorsed amendment to the Oran Park DCP takes effect from 2 November 2023 (date of publication of e-Notice).