Event Application Form

Planning to hold an event in Camden?

Before you complete this application, you will need to read the Event Planning Guide. This guide will provide you with everything you need to know about running an event in Camden.

There may be a number of approvals that will be required for this event to be approved. Council requires sufficient notification of any requests. Events are categorised (by Council) as either small, medium, large or sporting events. Medium and large events will require four to six months for processing. Once approved, the event organiser will receive an Event Permit with all relevant approvals and documentation enclosed. 

You may be required to provide additional documentation as part of your event application, including but not limited to;

Please have any required documents ready to upload as part of your application. 

Please ensure you have read the terms and conditions of the external event application process prior to submitted your application. 

For information, call Council's Events Team 4654 7777 or events@camden.nsw.gov.au.

Please complete all necessary fields below. 


Applicant Details
Organisation Status
If you are not-for-profit you will be required to provide a copy of your ATO Not-for-profit status
Anyone wishing to hold an event is required to have public liability insurance in the amount of 20 million. Applications received without a copy of current insurance policy attached will not be approved.
Event Details
Event category

Event Definitions

Would you like your event listed on Council's website? (one-off event only)
Have you applied, or will you be applying for funding through the Community Sponsorship Program?

Find out more about the Community Sponsorship Program

Compulsory Documentation
A draft version of an event plan is required for all events. It should include a draft running sheet that sets the timing and sequence of your event.
A current site plan detailing all key points of interest including but not limited to parking, toilets, activity stalls, first aid
You will need to formally notify any residents or businesses that will be impacted by your event. Please provide a copy of your notification letter.
Council requires all event organisers to undertake a risk assessment to make sure that you manage and control the risks posed by your event. More information can be found on page 23 of the Event Planning Guide
Land Owners Consent
Will this event be held on Council owned land or private land?
Any activities being conducted on public/Council owned land require Land Owners Consent from Camden Council. This will be assessed as part of your Event Application.
Event Specifications
Will there be rides or amusements?
Will there be tents, marquees, stages or other structures?
Do you require power?
Do you require lighting?
Will there be livestock or animals?
Waste Management
Do you require bins?
Bins located within public spaces are for the use of regular patrons. Organisations holding an event of 100 or more people will be required to provide additional bins. The table above will help you with how many bins will be required.
Would you like recycling bins?
If yes, please contact Council's Waste Team to discuss on 4654 7777.
Please upload a map with the delivery and pick up point clearly indicated.
Roads and Traffic
Is off-street parking provided within the event site?
Will any roads be closed?
If yes, please provide a copy of Traffic Management Plan and Traffic Guidence Scheme. Please allow up to 3 months prior to the event for approval being issued.

Traffic Documents

Depending on the size and detail of the event you may be required to provide a traffic management plan. If you need assistance preparing this document please contact Council's Events team.
Food Safety
Will there be food and/or drinks sold or provided free to the public?
Any vendors selling food or drinks on Council owned land will be required to complete a Temporary Food Stall Application Form and pay relevant fees. All other vendors will be required to complete a temporary food notification form.
How many food/drink vendors are you expecting at your event?
Public Safety
Are there toilet facilities at the venue?
Are you bringing in extra toilets?
Will anyone be selling/providing alcohol?
Will there be fireworks?
If yes, you will need to notify Safe Work NSW
Sporting Events
Event type
Only complete this section if you have selected the sporting event category

Please note: Depending on the information you have supplied you may be required to submit further documentation, order extra waste facilities, hire security, pay a bond or think about other factors of event organisation. All fees and charges will need to be paid prior to the event. No refunds will be given.