Construction of Byron Road, Leppington
Project Name: Construction of Byron Road, Leppington
Project Address: Byron Road, Leppington
Ward: North Ward
Upgrade of Byron Road between Ingleburn Road and Heath Road from a rural standard to an urban standard two-lane road.
- On-road parking lane on both sides;
- Upgrade of the existing Heath Road and Byron Road T-intersection to a three-leg roundabout;
- Pedestrian and cycle path network;
- Clearing and grubbing;
- Stormwater drainage upgrade;
- Utilities relocation;
- Kerb and Gutter
- Roundabout at intersection of Byron Rd with Heath Rd
- Asphalt works; and
- Landscape work
- Signage and line marking etc.
This project will also deliver works associated with the upgrade of Heath Road and Scalabrini Creek East (Drainage and Open Space) Project and Leppington Oval. These works include:
- Upgrade of 200 meters of Heath Road pavement, kerb and gutter and drainage line;
- Installation of box culverts associated with the Scalabrini East Project; and
- Installation of an electrical substation and electrical works for Leppington Oval.
Project Budget: $11,941,958
Expected Completion Date: December 2024