Council encourages you to prepare and stay safe in a disaster or a time of crisis by downloading and completing an emergency plan on the FREE Get Prepared app.
The app, co-created by Australian Red Cross and general insurer IAG, helps you connect with your key support people, accomplish simple tasks to make you and your loved ones safer, and protect the things that matter most to you.
Get Prepared is a free and easy to use, one-stop tool to help you prepare for any type of emergency. You can:
- establish a quick and easy network of support with your three key contacts
- review the risks relevant to where you live
- create checklists of actions to make an emergency plan
- save the emergency plan as a PDF to be printed and shared with others.
With disasters like flooding, becoming more frequent it has never been more important to get prepared and that’s why Camden Council is supporting our residents to become more resilient. As a participating Council in the Resilient Sydney program, we are collaborating with the Councils of Sydney to create a metropolis that is connected, inclusive and resilient.
Do one simple thing to make you safer in an emergency. Download the Get Prepared app.
Useful sites to monitor for updates during emergencies include:
- Camden Alerts - page for road closures and other important local information
- River Heights
- Bureau of Meteorology NSW Weather Warnings
- Bureau of Meteorology Weather Radar
- NSW State Emergency Service (SES)
- Live Traffic NSW - includes incident and road closure updates from the Roads and Maritime Services.
- Fires Near Me
- Department of Primary Industries Emergency Management
- NSW Health Natural disasters and severe weather