10.7 Planning Certificates
A Planning Certificate provides information, current at the date of issue, about relevant state and local planning controls and other property restrictions relating to a parcel of land.
Planning Certificates are issued by Council in accordance with Section 10.7 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
Please refer to our Residential Guide for further information on the 10.7 Certificate process
There are two types of Planning Certificates as described below:
Section 10.7 Planning Certificate (2)
A Section 10.7 (2) Planning Certificate provides information, as specified under Schedule 2 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2021. Some of this information includes:
- The name/s of relevant planning control documents such as - State Environmental Planning Policies, Local Environmental Plans and Development Control Plans;
- Zoning and land uses that are permitted or prohibited within that zone;
- If any heritage listings apply;
- If land is reserved for acquisition such as road widening;
- Whether the land is affected by a policy that restricts development because of the likelihood of certain hazard risks;
- The name of each contributions plan applying to the land;
- Whether the land is subject to any site compatibility certificates, such as seniors or affordable housing;
- Matters arising under the Contaminated Land Management Act, 1997;
Sections 10.7 (2) and (5) Certificate
A Section 10.7(2) and (5) Planning Certificate contains the above information, and additional advice on other relevant matters affecting the land.
Frequently Asked Questions
When a property is to be sold, a Planning Certificate is required under the Conveyancing Act 1919, to be attached to the contract of sale.
There are four ways you can apply for a Planning Certificate – in person, online or by post.
- Complete and pay for your application online using eServices.
- Download a copy of the Planning Certificate application and lodge your application in person at our Customer Service Centre, 70 Central Ave, Oran Park NSW 2570 and pay the relevant fee.
- Complete your application using an online form, or
- Post your completed application form with a cheque for the full amount to:
PO Box 183
CAMDEN NSW 2570
The following fees have been set under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Regulation 2000 and apply when obtaining a Section 10.7 (2) and (5) Planning Certificate:
- $67.00 for a Section 10.7 (2) Planning Certificate
- $168.00 for a Section 10.7 (2) and (5) Planning Certificate
We endeavour to issue Planning Certificates within 5 business or working days.
Please refer to Council’s Fees and Charges for more information relating to certificates.