Local Government Act (Section 68) Applications

Some activities require you to lodge both a development application (DA) and an application for approval under Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993 with Council. These activities are listed on page 5 of Council’s Local Approvals Policy (LAP).

Table 2 of the LAP exempts the need for many Section 68 approvals subject to certain requirements. If your activity fully complies with the criteria listed in Table 2 you do not need to obtain a Section 68 approval from Council. However, you may still be required to lodge a DA with Council. Please refer to the Check and Submit webpages for further information.

To lodge a Section 68 application with Council you must complete the Section 68 of the Local Government Act 1993 Application Form. Instructions for how to lodge the application are provided on the form. The application can be concurrently assessed by Council at the same time as the DA.

Certain Section 68 applications must be lodged with Council via a separate application form. These are: