Refer to the below for support services for businesses:
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is a business portal not only for taxation information and services but also other services for small business.
- Business Benchmarks
- Business assistance program
- Record keeping
SafeWork NSW is NSW's workplace and safety regulator. With more than a third of Australia's entire economic output coming from NSW, the work SafeWork NSW does is very important.
- Advice in improving work health and safety
- Provide licences and registrations for potentially dangerous work.
- Investigate workplace incidents and enforce work health and safety laws in NSW.
Australian Business Licence Information Service (ABLIS) helps business operators and people considering starting a business. ABLIS can identify state and territory, local and Australian licences, permits, approvals, regulations and codes of practice, allowing you to obtain information and manage compliance obligations.
The ACCC provides small business support, franchising, mergers, authorisations, your obligations, professions and industry codes of conduct.
ASIC is Australia’s corporate, markets and financial services regulator. ASIC provides a range of information and guides to help start and manage your business.
business.gov.au is an online resource provided by the Federal Government for the Australian business community. It offers simple and convenient access to all government information, forms and services required by business owners including information on planning, starting and growing your business. Information regarding grants and incentives for research and development, support for small businesses, tax and duty concessions, and assistance for industries in transition can also be found via this site.
icare offers support, rehabilitation and return to work programs for injured workers.
Fair Trading NSW Is a division of the NSW Office of Finance and Services (OFS) whose role is to make doing business in NSW simple, accessible and fair for employees, consumers and industry while providing best value for government.
NSW Industrial Relations (NSW IR) primary responsibility is to monitor wages, employment rights, obligations and employment conditions in NSW. NSW IR works with employers and employees to achieve fair, equitable and productive workplaces
The NSW Department of Industry purpose is to lead the state government’s contribution to making NSW a prosperous state, creating the conditions for NSW to be a place where people want to live and work and businesses choose to invest and grow.
- Invest in NSW - Establish, Grow and Innovate
- Business in NSW - Start Grow, Tools and Resources and support services
- Industry Development - Industry Specific assistance and support
- Export from NSW - Getting started and support services
- Office of the Small Business Commissioner - Support, mediation and advocacy
The Office of the Small Business Commissioner (OSBC) provides many varied services supporting small business.
- Small Business Friendly Councils - NSW Small Business Commissioner will continue to deliver networking opportunities and knowledge-sharing events through the Small Business Friendly Councils (SBFC) initiative.
- Easy to Do Business - Service NSW makes it easier to do business with a range of support services to help you navigate regulatory requirements, freeing you up to focus on the more important things.
- Supporting Business in NSW - The NSW Small Business Commissioner role was created to give small businesses a strong voice within government.
- Business Connect - Whether you are just starting out with a great business idea or looking to expand and grow your business, Business Connect services can help you on your journey to business success.