Support for Special Achievers Program
Information about the program
The Support for Special Achievers Program is to support gifted and talented people who live in the Camden LGA. The program provides a monetary grant to assist to meet the costs of participation in a cultural, academic or sporting event. Applicants representing NSW may apply for up to $500 and applicants representing Australia may apply for up to $750. Applications under this program can be made at any time.
The program guidelines and operating procedures ensure that monetary or in-kind donation requests to Council are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner, and are consistent with the principles of community well being.
- The cultural/academic/sport activity shall be of amateur status and generally promoted by a non-profit organisation;
- A special achiever, for the purposes of this program, is one who has been selected on merit, to represent NSW or Australia in their chosen fields of endeavour. This definition includes people with disabilities;
- Evidence of selection involving a merit based process must be provided;
- Council may grant a donation to an applicant under this program at least once every Council term (4 years);
- The recipient shall be a resident of the Camden Local Government Area;
- Payments under the policy will be calculated on the basis of 10% of costs with a maximum payment of $750 for applicants representing Australia or $500 for applicants representing NSW;
- Evidence of the costs incurred must be provided with the request.
- Written applications must provide information to meet the eligibility criteria;
- Applications can be made retrospectively within 12 months of the event;
- Applications are assessed by Council officers against the eligibility criteria and approved by the Mayor and General Manager;
- Details of approved support are reported to Council annually.
For more information please contact Camden Council's Community Project Officer, Social Inclusion, on 4645 5106.