People with Disability
At the last Census (2016) 4.3% of the population in the Camden Local Government Area reported needing assistance in their day-to-day lives due to disability; this compared with 4.9% for the Sydney Statistical Division (ABS 2016).
Camden Council aims to foster and enhance participation by all residents in the life of the community and the life of Council. Council is committed to building and maintaining strong links with our residents who have disabilities and their carers.
Camden Council has developed a Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2017 - 2021. This document outlines Council's priorities for improving Council services and facilities for people with a disability across the area.
For further information on this section, refer to the below:
- Disability Inclusion Action Plan 2017 - 2021
- Access Community Advisory Group (ACAG)
- International Day of People with Disability
- Support Services for People with Disability
- Accessible toilets and Master Locksmith Keys (MLAK)
For more information contact Council's Community Project Officer, Ageing and Disability on 4645 5009 or via email.