Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Commitments from governments across the world are driving a global transition towards electric vehicles.
Electrification of vehicles is an important part of the range of solutions that are being implemented to reduce carbon emissions associated with transport. Emissions from transport makes up around one third of Western Sydney’s total emissions, with passenger vehicles accounting for around half of those emissions.
To support this transition Camden Council has installed three dual public electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in key destinations:
Oxley Street Car Park
40-46 Oxley Street, Camden
Oran Park Library Car Park
72 Central Avenue, Oran Park
Narellan Library Car Park
Corner Queen & Elyard Streets, Narellan
Each location has a dual charger installed which is linked to two dedicated parking bays for EV charging.
Yes. The charging stations are suitable for use and will be accessible to drivers of all electric vehicles. The chargers are universal and can be used to charge most cars including Teslas.
You will be able to find the stations by using the Exploren app (Apple - Exploren on the App Store (apple.com), Android / Google Play - Exploren – Apps on Google Play), which also lets users know if they are available or currently in use.
The locations will also be available on other EV charger location websites and apps including Plugshare.
The chargers are Type 2 22kW AC chargers which provide a fast charge for most cars on the market. This technology usually charges up to 120 kilometres per hour.
You will need to bring your own Type 2 charging cables and download and set up an account using the Exploren app. Signage at each location includes information on how to download the software to get you started.
There are currently no fees for use of the EV charging stations.
Once you have activated your account on Exploren you will need to:
- Plug your cable into the charger.
- Open the app and tap the QR code icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Locate the QR code on the EV charger. Position your phone camera frame over the QR code and the ‘start charging’ button will appear on the app. Tap the ‘start charging’ button to start your charging session.
- If you have any trouble with the QR code you can also use the station ID number for the EV charger. This number is located at the bottom right of the label on the EV charger. Simply enter this number into the search bar at the top of the Exploren app and tap the ‘start charging’ button to start your charging session.
- Ensure the cable is placed carefully so that it isn’t a trip hazard for pedestrians and other carpark users.
- When the charge is finished, or your wish to leave, simply press the ‘stop charging’ button and then you can unplug your cord and drive away.
Each of the parking spots are designated as ‘No Parking – Electric Vehicles Excepted Only While Charging’. Charging is demonstrated by the charging cable being connected from the vehicle to the charge station.
If a vehicle is parked and not charging the driver could incur a fine.
If you do find vehicles incorrectly using these parking bays which is preventing EV drivers from accessing and using the chargers please contact Council on 4654 7777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please call the Exploren technical support at 1300 755 087 or email email@example.com.