Public Road Activity

As the road authority for local roads, Council needs to manage all activities on public roads in addition to the transport functions. If you are planning any of the following activities you must complete the relevant application to Council. Call Council on 4654 7777 to gain the relevant application form for:

  • Driveway crossover
  • Roadworks and surveying
  • Hoarded zones and truck zones
  • Outdoor cafés
  • Crane / cherry Picker / concrete pump operation
  • Shoring / ground anchors / formwork
  • Road opening

Many of these activities will also require a Development Application.

Most public road activities will require a Traffic Control Plan drawn up by a suitably qualified person.

Fees required for various activities are specified in Council's Fees and Charges.

To view a list of Council roads, see the Camden Road RegisterActivities on state roads require a Road Occupancy Licence from the Transport Management Centre.