Upgrade on cards for Harrington Park Reserve
Harrington Park Reserve is set for an upgrade with Council endorsing a masterplan for the site at this week’s ordinary Council meeting.
The reserve, was identified as a high priority upgrade as part of Council’s Sportsground Strategy (2020-24).
The masterplan includes:
- A new, upgraded amenities building including changerooms, clubroom, storage and kiosk, referee room;
- Provision of a range of soccer fields including national/regional level fields, local level fields and fields for younger user groups;
- Improvement of existing car parks and provision of additional parking;
- Improved floodlighting, seating, and shade structures;
- Additional planting and landscape works;
- Outdoor exercise area;
- Improved accessibility including shared pathway, carparking and provision of bike racks; and
- Relocation and reconfiguration of the hardcourts to the Harrington Park Youth Play Space facility.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said it was important to continue upgrading sport and recreation facilities in the area.
“Council is dedicated to providing residents with a range of sporting opportunities at fantastic facilities,” Cr Fedeli said.
“The site currently has a single amenities block which users have already outgrown. It is fantastic to see there will be so many great upgrades at this location.
“I look forward to seeing the completion of the works and locals using the facility on a regular basis.”
The first stage of the Harrington Park Reserve Masterplan is funded by Council’s COVID-19 Community Support Package at the value of $5 million.
For more information on the draft masterplan, go to camden.nsw.gov.au