Tender accepted for Narellan Sports Hub Stage 2
Posted 14 months ago
Camden will soon become a sporting mecca in south-west Sydney, with Camden Council accepting a tender for Narellan Sports Hub Stage 2 construction works.
Funding has been received from the Western Sydney Parkland City Liveability Program, at $11.3 million, and the Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund, at $5 million, for the design and construction of the Narellan Sports Hub Stage 2 works in 2019.
Stage 2 works will include:
- 14 additional netball courts with floodlighting;
- Synthetic athletics track including field and jump facilities, floodlighting, drainage and irrigation;
- An additional international size rugby league field to replace the existing smaller ‘mod league’ field, including floodlighting and drainage. The existing full-size field will be reconstructed with new lighting, irrigation and drainage;
- An athletics administration/club building;
- Car parking – approximately an additional 1150 spaces in four new carpark areas;
- Internal access roads;
- A criterion cycling track utilising the main circulation access road;
- Road bridge and a pedestrian bridge over the existing drainage corridor;
- Large turfed area for future multi-purpose use;
- Pedestrian and cycle path network;
- Associated services and infrastructure; and
- Major upgrade of the Porrende Street roundabout including undergrounding of power and landscaping (Funding received from Western Sydney Infrastructure Program at $2.7million)
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, said Stage 2 works will further enhance Narellan Sports Hub as a state-of-the-art facility for residents and visitors to enjoy.
“We are focused on delivering high quality sport and recreation facilities for our growing community,” Cr Fedeli said.
“This is an important step towards making Narellan Sports Hub the pristine destination for sporting competitions in South West Sydney. Once complete, the Sports Hub will be a popular destination for not only locals but many others across Sydney with the facility to have the ability to host a number of state competitions across many sports including netball, athletics and rugby league.
“I thank both the Federal and State Governments for their continued support and I look forward to seeing the completed project.”
The works will further enhance Narellan Sports Hub after Council delivered the $11 million Stage 1 in October 2017, which included 30 high quality netball courts, expansive amenities building and car park.
Council accepted the tender for Narellan Sports Hub Stage 2 provided by local firm TJ & RF Fordham Pty Ltd to undertake the works with an expected completion by December 2021.