Tender accepted for improvements to Leisure Centre
Posted 6 months ago in Community
Mount Annan Leisure Centre will receive further upgrades after Council accepted a tender for remedial works to the facility at last night’s Ordinary Council Meeting.
Council secured more than $1.7 million in Federal Government funding under round three of the Local Roads and Community Infrastructure Program to undertake a range of improvements.
Works will include:
- Replacing all box gutters in the pool hall;
- Remedial work to structural steel columns;
- Remedial work to steel wall framing;
- Remedial work to acoustic ceiling panels;
- Remedial work to the steel frames for the external bi-fold doors;
- Replacing deteriorated roof flashings and fixings; and
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said it was important to secure the future of Mount Annan Leisure with safety front of mind.
“Council is committed to providing residents with a fully functioning, successful and safe leisure centre,” Cr Fedeli said.
“Mount Annan Leisure Centre has been the perfect place to cool down, learn to swim, exercise and much more for many years in the Camden area.
“It is vital works are completed to enhance the structure of the Centre and ultimately set it up for use for many years to come.”
The works will be completed in 2023 with further details to be confirmed.