Get photo ready with annual competition
Dust off your camera and get ready to enjoy the nature around Camden with the annual Macarthur Nature Photography Competition now open.
Residents are invited to enter their most striking, engaging and enticing images of local native flora, wildlife and natural scenery taken in the Macarthur area.
Entrants will go into the running to win a share of more than $3,000 with this year’s themes including:
- Native Flora - showcasing the diverse array of native flora found within the Macarthur region (i.e. plants, flowers, trees, leaves, bark);
- Native Fauna – celebrating the unique native fauna found within the Macarthur region (i.e. birds, mammals, invertebrates, reptiles, amphibians);
- Waterways - reflecting an aspect of the lakes, rivers and creeks of the Macarthur region (i.e. Thirlmere Lakes, Georges River, Nepean River and their tributaries);
- Landscapes of Macarthur - Panoramic images of characteristic landscapes and views of the Macarthur highlighting the unique features of the region (i.e. sunsets/sunrises, local nature reserves, and national parks); and
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said the annual competition gave amateur photographers the chance to have their work published online.
“Camden is home to an amazing combination of beautiful flora, fauna and waterways and this is a great opportunity to get out and explore what we have on our own doorstep while putting our photography skills to the test,” Cr Fedeli said.
“Whether it is using a digital camera or even your iPhone, you can take a striking image in our beautiful area and enter it into the competition.
“I encourage you to take advantage of the beautiful sunshine and local spots and enter. Just remember to follow all NSW Health guidelines when out and about and stay safe.”
The Macarthur Nature Photography Competition is open to the following age categories:
- Primary school aged (five to 12 years);
- High school aged (13-18 years); and
- Open (18 years and over).
For more information on the Macarthur Nature Photography Competition or to enter your photo, go to camden.nsw.gov.au/environment/biodiversity/mnpc/