Construction works progressing at Narellan Sports Hub
Posted 3 years ago
Stage Two construction work at Narellan Sports Hub are progressing and on track for completion by the end of this year.
Narellan Sports Hub Stage Two will provide additional netball courts, a synthetic athletics track, a full-size rugby league field, a criterium cycling track and a pedestrian and cycle path network.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, said the works will be of great benefit to the Camden community once completed.
“Works to construct Narellan Sports Hub Stage Two are progressing very well. It is fantastic to see the second part of the state-of-the-art sports facility coming to life,” Cr Fedeli said.
“Most of the earthworks have been completed and construction of almost all of the facilities have commenced.
“Once complete, Narellan Sports Hub will be a popular destination for not only locals but many others across Sydney.”
“It will be fantastic to have the ability to host a number of state competitions across many sports, including netball, athletics, hockey and rugby league.
“We are also working on improving access to Narellan Sports Hub and The Northern Road with the upgrade of the Porrende Street roundabout progressing well, with its construction to be carried out in February and early March, weather permitting.
“The first stage of completed works to reopen in the coming months will be the new and improved access to the site from Millwood Avenue and Porrende Street, as well as new carparking to the Hockey and Rugby League facilities.”
The cost of Stage two works is $17.6 million and is funded through a $5 million grant from the Greater Sydney Sports Facility Fund, $11.3 million under the Western Parkland City Liveability Program with the Australian and NSW governments jointly contributing and Council $1.3 million.
Facilities to be completed as part of the project by December 2021 include:
- An additional 14 netball courts with floodlighting;
- A synthetic athletics track, including field and jump facilities, floodlighting, drainage and irrigation;
- An additional full-size rugby league field to replace the existing smaller ‘mod league’ field, including floodlighting and drainage;
- An athletics administration/club building;
- An additional 1,150 car parking spaces, in four new areas;
- Internal access roads;
- A criterium cycling track;
- A road and pedestrian bridge over the existing drainage corridor;
- A large turfed area for future multi-purpose use;
- A pedestrian and cycle path network; and
- A major upgrade of the Porrende Street roundabout.
For more information visit camden.nsw.gov.au and search ‘Narellan Sports Hub’.