Celebrating our young at heart
Camden Council is proudly celebrating Seniors Festival this week and shining a spotlight on our young-at-heart community members.
Local seniors from right across Camden are being encouraged to enjoy new experiences, continue learning, impart their skills and have fun during the annual celebration.
Council’s program stretches right through to next month, with a number of exciting events still to look
forward to, including:
- Take the plunge, where Council is offering free pool entry at Mount Annan Leisure Centre to Camden residents aged 50 years and over until Sunday 3 April;
- 50+ Active Seniors Classes, where The Pit Martial Arts Defence and Fitness Centre are proudly offering a variety of seniors sessions, including Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Meditation on Monday 4 April, 10.30-11.30am and a gentle flexibility class on Wednesday 6 April 10.30-11.30am;
- Chair Yoga, where local seniors will use an everyday chair for stress relief, pause, relaxation and gentle movement on Tuesday 5 April, 2-3pm, at Narellan Library;
- Camden Women’s Coffee Club, where ladies are invited to come along to Jack Nash Club House on Thursday 7 April, 6-8pm, to meet new people, have a chat, have fun or try and learn something new; and
- Virtual Seniors Concert, which is an online concert for seniors to enjoy, dance and sing along to featuring the likes of Dale Burridge, Stephen Wheatley, The Daytones and The Honey Sippers. This can be found on Council’s website.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said this year’s theme was ‘reconnect’.
“We’re asking our seniors to reconnect by giving them reasons to celebrate; shining a light on health and wellbeing; helping them fall in love with art and reading; and allowing them to enjoy music and dancing,” Cr Fedeli said.
“I truly believe there's so much to love about life at any age and so much to love about this festival. It’s all about truly being an inclusive community, trying new things, staying active and sharing skills and conversations.
“I look forward to seeing some of you down at these events – they look so good I’m planning on attending a few myself!”
For more information, or to book any of these activities, visit camden.nsw.gov.au/community/support/older-people/seniors-festival