Camden to further support Macarthur FC
Local footballers will continue to be able to get up close and personal with their Macarthur FC heroes, after Council committed more than $20,000 in sponsorship to the A-League club on a yearly basis.
Macarthur FC had a fantastic first season in the A-League reaching the finals series and will be looking to go one better in the 2021/22 season.
The club representing the greater Macarthur region will have a direct connection to Camden residents through:
- School holiday activities – including four school holiday clinics for local juniors in the Camden area;
- Macarthur FC players to assist in promotion of Council programs;
- New resident engagement;
- Macarthur FC to be invited to participate in Council events;
- Promotion of Macarthur FC through Camden area including banners; and
- Council to provide access to field and amenities usage to Macarthur FC;
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, said Council’s sponsorship of the club would benefit the entire Camden community.
“Macarthur FC has been a breath of fresh air in the sporting landscape of our country, and it is a pleasure to have a team representing the Camden area,” Cr Fedeli said.
“This sponsorship will allow our residents and in particular local footballers to not only meet the players, but also go along the journey.
“Local footballers will also have the chance to enter the club’s pathway system with the hope of one day becoming professionals themselves.
“I’d like to wish the club the best of luck in the upcoming A-League season. No doubt they will do Camden and the greater Macarthur region proud.”
The sponsorship package is valued at $24,000.