Camden Festival hailed a success
Camden Festival has once again enthralled residents from the comfort of their homes, with more than 220,000 people enjoying online events through September.
The annual celebration of the people, places and produce of Camden moved online for the second time. It included:
- A create your own grazing platter tutorial with Millie and Co;
- An online drawing tutorial class with Alan Baker At Gallery;
- Inclusive activities with Mess it Up;
- Cinema Under the Stars Facebook competition;
- Lego building tutorials;
- Scavenger hunt;
- DIY at-home cinema kit;
- An ‘around the world’ food directory;
- TASTE Camden Facebook competition;
- Build a burger tutorial on Instagram; and
- Cocktail making tutorial.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said she was pleased to see so many people enjoy Camden Festival.
“Camden has done a fantastic job in making the best of any situation and it is very pleasing to see so many residents get involved with Camden Festival online,” Cr Fedeli said.
“Council is dedicated to providing its community with opportunities to celebrate what we have to offer in our own backyard and Camden Festival was allowed residents to enjoy themselves while we head towards coming out of lockdown.
“From learning how to make a burger or cocktail, through to creating a grazing platter, learning to build LEGO and much more, our community has learnt even more skills to use from Camden Festival, when we are able to be all together again.
“We continue to do great things in Camden during this pandemic and I thank each of you for the part you have played in making Camden Festival Online a great success.”
For more information on events in Camden, go to www.camden.nsw.gov.au/whats-on