The NSW Government Trade and Investment Crown Lands defines a dividing fence as a structure that separates neighbouring properties. It is usually on the common boundary between the two properties. 

For information on building, fixing or replacing a fence, or information on how to resolve a fencing dispute go to the LawAssist NSW website.