Christmas Lights Competition
Entries into the Christmas Lights Competition have now closed. Stay tuned to find out the winners and for your chance to pick the People's Choice!
The 2020 categories are:
- Best Lit House
- Best Novelty Display
- Best Commercial/Non-Residential
- People's Choice Award (voted by the public on Camden Council's Facebook Page after judging is completed)
Be COVID SAFE
Council consulted with the Camden Local Area Command, NSW Health and Service NSW, who all indicated that they have no concerns regarding the competition and displaying of Christmas lights. Installation of Christmas lights on private property isn’t something that is determined by Council, and is up to individual property owners whether they choose to install Christmas lights or not. The Public Health Orders restrict public gatherings to no more than 30 people. You can find out more about the Public Health Orders by visiting the NSW Government website. If you have any concerns regarding crowds gathering near your property, we encourage you to discuss this with Camden Local Area Command on 4632 449 or contact the Coronavirus Hotline on 1800 020 080.
To ensure the Christmas Lights Competition is COVID-safe, the measures we’ve taken are that:
- The Best Street category has been removed to discourage public gathering in key areas;
- Entries and winners will not be promoted to the public; and
- Promotion of the messaging that we encourage people to stay in cars when looking at Christmas lights.
For those of you looking to go enjoy the Christmas lights this year, please remember the NSW Government’s social distancing restrictions still remain in place. This means we all need to keep 1.5 metres away from other people and avoid close contact with people you do not live with. We all have a role to play in keeping ourselves and our community safe, so please remain in your cars and enjoy the Christmas lights in a COVID safe way.