Camden Council's Garden Competition
Proud gardeners and passionate green thumbs can enter the annual Camden Garden Competition every September. To be eligible to enter you must live in the Camden Local Government Area.
Whether you’re an amateur who loves to potter or a seasoned garden expert you could win!
The categories that can be entered are:
- Senior Citizen Garden – Open to anyone 60 years or over.
- Small Residential – For small private residential gardens.
- Large Residential – For large private residential gardens.
- Veggie Garden/Plot – For residents who have an edible garden or plot of fruit, vegetables and/or herbs.
- Best Floral Display - A showcase of diverse, colourful flowers and vibrancy.
- School/Class Plot – Local pre-school, primary and high school’s gardens or plot maintained by students.
- Professional Garden - For gardens that are professionally maintained.
- Most Creative Garden - Residential garden displaying creative use of plants with consideration for colour, shapes, textures, materials and garden features.
- New Garden – Residential garden that was established within the last 3 years.
- Most Sustainable Garden - Residential garden demonstrating sustainability principles such as water saving, reuse of materials, natural pest control, herb and vegetable growing.
Winner Large Residential Garden, Senior Citizen Garden and Grand Champion - Murray and Sue Hammer
Winner Small Residential Garden - Gladys and Cosma Kontista
Winner Veggie Garden/Plot - Peter and Marie Thompson
Best Floral Display - Annalia and Roberto Santucci
Winner School/Class Plot and Most Creative Garden - Elderslie Public School
Winner Professional Garden - Carrington Care
Winner New Garden - Brett Gibson
Winner Most Sustainable Garden - Pauline Gomes
For more information contact Camden Council's Events Officer on (02) 4654 7643