Australia Day Award Nomination Form
Do you know a local citizen or group who has made an outstanding contribution to the community in 2019? Why not nominate them for an Australia Day Award.
Applications are now open for 2020 with the winners announced on Australia Day, Sunday 26 January 2020.
Categories and Criteria
Camden Citizen of the Year
Open to Camden residents aged 21 years or over as at 31 December 2019, who have made a noteworthy contribution during the current year and/or given outstanding service to the community in a non-work related capacity over a number of years.
Young Citizen of the Year
Open to Camden residents aged under 21 years as at 31 December 2019, who have given outstanding service and made a positive impact on the community in 2019 and/or longer.
Sports Achievement Award
Recognises a committed sportsperson, sporting team, coach, volunteer or official, whose actions inspire and encourage others whilst enriching the Camden community through sport, healthy living or physical activity. This category has no age restrictions.
Community Group Award
Recognises groups whose tireless work and close contact with the community encourages diversity, inclusivity and continues to make Camden a great place to live.
Arts & Cultural Award
A person or group who have made an influential or valuable contribution to the city through any art form, including drama, visual art, music, verse, dance, cultural heritage, expression, literature, film and multimedia.
It is important to read the TERMS AND CONDITIONS prior to completing the form to ensure the nominee is eligible.
Things to Consider when Nominating
- How has the person made an outstanding contribution to the community?
- What personal goals and objectives has the person achieved?
- Has the work by the person been undertaken on a paid or volunteer basis?
- How is the person an inspirational role model for the Camden community?
- What amount of personal sacrifice/difficulty has the person experienced whilst working towards their achievements?
Conditions of Entry and Eligibility
- Nominations must be submitted on Council’s official nomination forms or online through Councils website.
- Nominees must be Australian citizens at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must be residents of or be associated with the Camden Local Government Area (LGA).
- Current State and Federal politicians and Councillors of the Camden LGA are not eligible for individual categories but may be nominated as part of a group for the Community Group Award.
- Previously unsuccessful nominees are eligible for nomination in the same category in subsequent years.
- Nominations will only be accepted for one (1) category per person or group; and in circumstances where people are nominated in more than one category, Council will use its discretion to select the most appropriate category. Council may also place nominees in an alternate category where appropriate.
- No awards will be made if it is considered that nominations are not of a sufficiently high standard.
- Nominations will not be accepted for individuals whose achievements are directly related to their paid employment.
- All information retained by Camden Council will be held under the State Records Act 1998.
- All information is collected in compliance with the Principles of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
- Personal information obtained from the Nomination Form can be accessed by the candidate for viewing or alteration up until the time of judging on 13 December 2019.
- The decision of the Australia Day Committee is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding decisions.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Absolutely NO weight is given to the number of times a person is nominated.
Nominations close: Friday 13 December 2019
- Winners will be announced at the Australia Day Civic Awards Presentation on Sunday 26 January 2020.
- All nominees and nominators will be invited to attend the Australia Day Civic Awards presentation in Camden.
- The judging panel consists of three members, including Australia Day Committee members and the Mayor or representative of the Mayor. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winner of the Citizen of the Year category will be invited by Camden Council to attend a variety of events, private functions and facility openings in 2020 and may also be asked to prepare a speech for specific events. Persons nominated should be made aware of these potential duties.