Australia Day Street Party
Australia Day in Camden provides an opportunity for the local community to get together and celebrate our great nation.
The event draws thousands of people each year and features busy street activities, food stalls, markets, kid’s entertainment and a street parade.
This year’s theme will embrace everything Australiana and sing of pure unadulterated Aussie family fun in the sun!
What's in store for 2020?
- The Macarthur Lions Parade will now commence at the earlier time of 10am on Argyle Street. If you would like to participate in the parade please contact Ted Gillroy on 0412 674 324.
- The Awesome Aussie Eating Competition - how many mangoes and lamingtons can you eat in five minutes?
- Bush band: Sydney’s premier bush band The Inland Navigators will perform some of Australia's most beloved bush songs.
- Solo acoustic music by local muso Ric Bailey.
- Thong throwing competition - a huge hit in 2019, this comp makes its return for more fun to see who's thong can be chucked the farthest along John Street.
- Koala Cupcake and animal mask decorating workshop.
- Cork hat making workshop.
- Bouncy castles.
- Shaded area with seating.
- Free face painting.
- Buskers and performances on John Street throughout the day for everyone to enjoy.
- Food trucks, arts and crafts and Australiana memorabilia stalls.
Highlights will include:
|8.15am||Thanksgiving Service||Camden Civic Centre|
|9am||Fun Day commences||John Street, Camden|
|10am||Macarthur Lions Street Parade||Argyle Street, Camden|
|11.15am||Official Ceremony||Camden Civic Centre|
|2pm||Fun Day concludes||John Street, Camden|
Stall applications ARE NOW CLOSED
Applications are now CLOSED for Australia Day 2020 event.
Applications to perform or busk are now CLOSED
Thank you to the following organisations who have joined us as sponsors of our event.