Camden Festival 2021 - Stallholder Expression of Interest Form
Expressions of Interests are now open for Camden Council's Camden Festival.
Camden Festival is a celebration of Camden’s people, places and produce throughout September. The festival has been running for almost 20 years and provides an opportunity to connect the community and highlight the beauty of Camden in Spring. The festival spans throughout September and features four signature events including Picnic in the Park, Kids Fun Day, Cinema Under the Stars and TASTE Camden.
Date: Saturday 18 September 2021 The Picnic in the Park event features free family-friendly activities in historic Macarthur Park. There will be kid’s activities, garden games, jumping castle, live music and food vendors with an array of cuisines. Date: Sunday 12 September 2021 Kids Fun Day offers family friendly fun for kids under 5 years of age. The free day out offers novelty stalls, food stalls, performances, activities, and live entertainment. Date: Wednesday 15 September 2021 The ever so popular TASTE Camden event features over 70 food vendors, live music, local products and much more. With over 10,000 attendees in 2019 the event is constantly growing and expected to grow by 2000-3000 attendees each year. Date: Sunday 26 September 2021
Time: 5pm - 9pm
Location: Australian Botanic Gardens, Mount Annan
Criteria: Food and drink stallholders, food trucks encouraged
Time: 10am - 3pm
Location: Macarthur Park, Camden
Criteria: Food and drink stall holders, garden activity stalls. Food trucks and trailers discouraged.
Time: 10am - 2pm
Location: Onslow Oval, Camden
Criteria: Food and drink stallholders, kids activities stalls.
Time: 10.30am - 5.30pm TBC
Location: Camden Town Farm
Performer criteria: Food stalls, vans, trucks and trailers, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, produce and food-based and kitchen homewares. We also encourage local businesses and organisations to apply. TASTE Camden is a licenced event
Date: Saturday 18 September 2021
The Picnic in the Park event features free family-friendly activities in historic Macarthur Park. There will be kid’s activities, garden games, jumping castle, live music and food vendors with an array of cuisines.
Date: Sunday 12 September 2021
Kids Fun Day offers family friendly fun for kids under 5 years of age. The free day out offers novelty stalls, food stalls, performances, activities, and live entertainment.
Date: Wednesday 15 September 2021
The ever so popular TASTE Camden event features over 70 food vendors, live music, local products and much more. With over 10,000 attendees in 2019 the event is constantly growing and expected to grow by 2000-3000 attendees each year.
Date: Sunday 26 September 2021
If you would like to apply to attend any of these events please download and read the Stallholder Information Pack and the Stall Requirements before completing the below form and submit by Friday 30 July 2021. The online application form will allow you to apply for a stall at multiple Camden Festival events.
The Food Stallholder application process will take place in 2 stages:
Stage 1: Expression of Interest form (29 June - 30 July)
Those who are successful with stage 1 of the application process will be notified after the 30 July and will proceed to stage 2.
Stage 2: Temporary Food Application and Supporting Documentation (2 August - 16 August) this stage will include:
- Temporary Food Stall Application Form completion and payment (or current Camden Council annual temporary food stall approval number)
- Food Stall Layout Plans
- Public Liability Insurance
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (if applicable)
- If you are preparing food offsite you will also need to show evidence of the relevant Council's Development approval, Complying Development Certificate and/or Council inspection report.
All stallholders are required to pay site fees of $50 per metre wide, per event
As part of stage 2 of the application, food stall holders will need to pay for either an annual registration ($160) or single event registration ($90)
If you require power, this will be charged at $30 per day per event
If you require Council to hire a stall on your behalf, hire prices are listed below per event and are INCLUSIVE of site hire fees and GST:
Single Fete stall 2.4m x 2.4m - $350
Double Fete stall 4.8m x 2.4m - $670
Pagoda marquee 3m x 3m - $510
Pagoda marquee 6m x 3m - $105
Successful applicants will be subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Sites will be allocated by Camden Council staff at its sole discretion.
- Stall sites are allocated based on the width of your stall, including clearance areas (awnings, tow bars etc.) Please advise the correct height, length and depth of your site in your application to ensure suitable positioning at the event.
- Site fees: Site fees are charged at $50 per metre (width) for the duration of each event. If you require additional space on the day of the event, you will be charged an additional $50 per metre, or part thereof if required.
All fees are inclusive of GST.
- Fete stall or pagoda hire fees: Inclusive of site fee and GST
- Single Fete stall 2.4m x 2.4m - $350
- Double Fete stall 4.8m x 2.4m - $670
- Pagoda marquee 3m x 3m - $510
- Pagoda marquee 6m x 3m - $1050
- Not-for-Profit (NFP) site fee: Once you have provided Council with and we have accepted your ATO NFP status, the site fee will be waived if you provide your own marquee. Should you require Council to hire a marquee on your behalf, it is your responsibility to arrange this with council staff and additional charges will apply.
- Stallholders who are not operating from a truck, van or trailer are required to provide their own branded shade coverings as well as any counters, tables and chairs. If you do not have a custom designed stall you will be required to have a white pagoda/fete stall. Should you require Council to hire a marquee on your behalf, it is your responsibility to arrange this with Council staff and additional charges will apply.
- All stallholders must hold valid and current public and products liability insurance from an insurer acceptable at Council’s discretion in the amount of at least $20 million per incident. Please provide a copy of this with your application form.
Payment and Cancellation
- Please DO NOT send cheques with your application as they will not be accepted. Successful applicants will be advised via email and an invoice will be raised. Full payment is due 5 business days prior to the event. Any payments not received prior to the event day will not be allowed operate.
- Cancellations must be received by Council in writing at least 5 working days prior to the event start date. Cancellations received less than 5 days but more than 48 hours prior to the event will receive a 50% refund. Notification of cancelation within 48 hours prior to the start time of the event will not be refunded.
- Approved stallholders will be notified of cancellation or postponement as soon as practicable:
- If cancellation by Council occurs more than 14 days prior to the commencement of the event, 100% of the site fee and 50% of the stall fee (if booked) will be refunded.
- If cancellation by Council occurs within 14 days yet more than 48 hours, 100% of the site fee will be refunded, however 50% of stall fees (if booked) will be retained.
- If cancellation by Council occurs within 48 hours of the event, 100% of the site fee will be refunded, however 100% of stall fees (if booked) will be retained.
- If cancellation by Council occurs after the commencement of the event, stallholders will receive 50% refund on the site fee, however 100% of the stall fee will be retained (if booked).
- All food stallholders are required to hold a current Annual Temporary Food Stall Approval or a Single Event Temporary Food Stall Approval for the event attending. Application for temporary food stall approvals are subject to fees and processing times. Payment for all approvals is due upon acceptance of your application form.
- Any stall selling food or beverages may be subject to an inspection by Council’s Environmental Health Officer. Inspection fees may apply, and these will be invoiced separately. If you have any questions regarding Council food inspections, please call (02) 4654 7777. Environmental Health Officers are authorised to take appropriate regulatory action on any stall not complying with the Food Act, Food Regulation or Food Standards Code. No refunds will be given
- All food stallholders must provide a site plan of their stall set up.
- All food stallholders at this event must provide a copy of their menu with their application. Camden Council reserve the rights to refuse any food or beverage provider it feels not suitable for the event.
- Gas will not be provided therefore food stallholders requiring gas for cooking must supply their own. Please refer to the Event Planning Guide for information on Gas use.
- Stallholders are required to have a risk assessment for their activity that will be in operation at the event and should be available upon request.
Stallholders are required to provide a copy of their COVID-19 Safety Plan with their Stallholder Application Form. Application that do not include this plan with their form will not be accepted.
Stallholders are required to have registered as a COVID-19 Safe Business and provide Council with valid evidence.
Camden Council reserves the right to cancel your application and booking at any time if it becomes aware that any of the items above 1-4 have not been satisfactorily provided or completed.
- Powered sites are only available in certain locations at each venue. Generators are permissible but must produce noise that is minimal (at the sole discretion of Council), otherwise use of generators must be discontinued. If you require a powered site, there is additional charge of $30 per day incl GST. Please include this information in your application.
Camden Council is committed to the implementation of sustainable development principles in the planning and delivery of Council operated events and festivals.
To maintain a culture of sustainable practice, Council is committed to promoting and encouraging the following guidelines for stallholders at all Council operated events:
No plastic single-use service ware (plates and cutlery)
No plastic straws
No single use condiments
*Sustainability measures should only be implemented if in accordance with the stallholder’s COVID Safety Plan