New bin service

Residential Properties 

The three bin service is available to all residential properties and is designed to minimise landfill. It consists of a 240 litre recycling bin, a 240 litre green waste bin, and the choice of an 80 litre, 120 litre or 240 litre garbage bin. Service fees listed below: 

Domestic Waste Management, Urban Service (Includes Greenwaste Collection), 80L Garbage & 240L Recycling Service$308.00
Domestic Waste Management, Urban Service (Includes Greenwaste Collection), 120L Garbage & 240L Recycling Service$364.00
Domestic Waste Management, Urban Service (Includes Greenwaste Collection), 240L Garbage & 240L Recycling Service$631.00

Rural Properties

Rural properties are provided with a two bin service consisting of a 240 litre recycling bin, and the choice of an 80 litre, 120 litre or 240 litre garbage bin. Service fees listed below: 

Domestic Waste Management, Rural Service (No Greenwaste Collection), 80L Garbage & 240L Recycling Service$246.00
Domestic Waste Management, Urban Service (Greenwaste Exempt), 120L Garbage & 240L Recycling Service$308.00
Domestic Waste Management, Urban Service (Greenwaste Exempt), 240L Garbage & 240L Recycling Service$569.00

To organise a new service please complete a New Service Form (Granny Flats included)


Collection Zones

Collection maps for all suburbs in the Camden LGA are listed below.

Please note commercial properties may be collected on different days. If you are still unsure of your collection day please contact our Customer Relations team on 4654 7777.

Suburb Collection Day

Bickley Vale, Bringelly, Camden, Camden South, Cawdor, Cobbitty, Ellis Lane, Grasmere, Kirkham, Spring Farm (Riverside and Ettiesdale Estates)

Elderslie (part of), Harrington Park (part of), Narellan, Spring Farm Tuesday
Catherine Field (part of), Emerald Hills, Gledswood Hills, Harrington Park (part of), Leppington, Rossmore, Smeaton Grange, Willowdale  Wednesday
Currans Hill (part of), Gregory Hills, Mount Annan (part of), Narellan Vale, Elderslie (part of) Thursday
Catherine Field, Currans Hill (part of), Mount Annan (part of), Oran Park  Friday



Waste Collection Maps


Waste Management Facility - Spring Farm Resource Recovery Park

The local waste disposal facility within the Camden Local Government Area is the Spring Farm Advanced Resource Recovery Facility (ARRT).  The facility is owned and operated by Suez Environment (previously SITA Environmental Solutions).

The Alternative Waste Treatment Facility is a fully integrated waste management site and has been designed to process recyclables, organics including green waste, and mixed solid waste. The facility accepts this material from Camden, Campbelltown, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee Local Government Areas.

Location: Spring Farm Resource Recovery Park, 20 Barrow Road, Spring Farm NSW 2570.

From February 1 SUEZ's Spring Farm Resource Recovery Park will be going cashless. All residents wishing to use this facility must make payment via EFTPOS or credit card (Visa and MasterCard only) as cash will no longer be accepted.

For further information in relation to trading hours and accepted items call 1300 651 116 or visit the Suez website.


Frequently Asked Questions

Why can Council start collecting waste at 5am?

Our collections start from 5am to ensure we can conduct our collections safely and effectively before peak traffic times in the morning. This allows us to ensure access to some of our more difficult areas across the local government area. We understand the inconvenience our collections place on our residents and the impact of noise during the early hours of the morning, however it is essential to deliver the service.

What are the rules surrounding the waste collection vehicles and noise?

Council’s waste trucks are maintained on a routine basis to ensure they are operating at optimum performance and are roadworthy according to RMS requirements.  The trucks also adhere to EPA standards that prescribe permissible levels of generated noise.

Unlike other sources of noise, the noise generated from waste collections is viewed as being incidental and isolated, that does not continue for an extended period of time in one location, unlike the use of power tools in the construction of a house. Due to this, Council is permitted to commence waste collection before the 7am start time that is imposed on other generators of noise.

My bin has been Stolen / Missing?

If your bin has been stolen you will need to report it to Council. By reporting the missing or stolen bin, Council will deliver a new bin to your property. You can report a missing or stolen bin by submitting a Missing / Stolen Bin Form to Council. For further assistance with completing and submitting the form, please call Customer Relations at 4654 7777.

My recycling bin has a broken / missing divider?

Due to changes in the technology available to Camden Council, recycling dividers are no longer an essential part of the recycling service in Camden. If your divider is broken phone 4654 7777 and it will be removed for you. If your divider is missing there is no need to contact Council – you can now use your recycling bin with the paper, cardboard, bottles and cans mixed together.

My bin is damaged, who will repair it?

Council can arrange for your damaged bins to be repaired or replaced where necessary. You can request a bin repair by clicking here or calling us on 4654 7777. Please note you will need to inform Council of the bin size and type (e.g. 240L garbage bin with damaged lid).

How can I request a smaller / larger garbage bin or additional bin?

You can make a request for a change of garbage bin size if you are the owner of the property.

If you are a tenant you must go through your landlord or real estate. Owners need to complete and return a Waste (Variation in size or Additional bin) Form for a change of bin size stating the new bin size and acknowledging that a change in the rates charge will occur. Please read the lodgement information on the back of the form for details on how to the lodge the completed form.

My garbage bin is dirty, who is supposed to clean it?

The cleanliness of bins is the responsibility of the user. To minimise the use of excess water when washing your bin, try using the grey water from your washing machine or sink. Remember to always wash your bin on the grass.

My bin was not emptied / tagged?

Council's waste collection trucks may still be on the road emptying bins and have not yet been to your street or area. In some streets where traffic congestion is expected, waste collection runs may be adjusted to ensure the emptying of all bins scheduled for that day. In these instances, your patience is greatly appreciated.

If your bin was not emptied please check to see whether a tag was left on the bin or in your letterbox. If there was this should explain why the bin was left unemptied. Common reasons include:

  • Recycling bin (yellow lid) has been contaminated with garbage, dirty materials or non-recyclable material.
  • Green waste (brown / green lid) bin has been contaminated with non-compostable material such as garbage or plastic bags or large green waste items.
  • Your garbage bin (red lid) is overfull
  • Your bin is too heavy (heavier than 80kg)
  • Bins are not correctly positioned.  They should be:
    1. 30cm apart.
    2. 1 metre from light or power poles and trees.
    3. Positioned with the Camden Council logo facing the kerb.
    4. Away from parked cars.

Please note that if you have put your bin out for collection after the truck has passed, Council is under no obligation to return and collect it. To report a missed bin call Council's Customer Service Team on 4654 7777.

I have too much waste to fit in my bins, what can I do with it?

The local waste disposal facility (or tip) within the Camden local government area is Spring Farm Advanced Resource Recovery Park. Located at 20 Barrow Road, Spring Farm, the facility is owned and operated by SUEZ Environment (formerly SITA Environmental Solutions). Visit www.sita.com.au or phone 1300 651 116 for information on fees and services.

Council can assist you with composting or worm farming your food scraps. This may reduce the weight of your general garbage bin (red lid) by up to 50% and give you much more room in your garden organics bin (green / brown lid).

Make sure you are making the most of your recycling bin (yellow lid). Squashing your plastic drink bottles and milk cartons can help reduce the space they use. However, do not break glass as it will not be accepted for recycling.

When can I have my kerbside collection?

Council provides residents three Kerbside Collection Services per financial year. This service is on call, which means you must make a booking before placing items out on the kerb. To book a collection please contact Council's Customer Service Team on 4654 7777 or complete the online Kerbside Collection Service form.

What can go into my recycle bin (yellow lid)?

  • Paper and cardboard

  • Newspaper, magazines and brochures

  • Clean pizza boxes

  • Aluminium cans, trays, foil, steel cans and aerosol cans (remove nozzle)

  • Glass jars and bottles

  • Milk and juice cartons

  • Bottle caps and lids (plastic and metal)

  • Plastic with the triangle symbol with the numbers 1 - 7

What cannot go into my recycling bin (yellow lid)?

  • Dirty or soiled items
  • Food waste
  • Plastic bags
  • Waxed paper or cardboard
  • Nappies
  • Ceramics, crockery or cookware
  • Hazardous waste (oil containers, batteries, gas cylinders)
  • Polystyrene foam (meat trays)

What can go into my green waste bin (brown / green lid)?

  • Lawn clippings

  • Leaves

  • Garden prunings, small branches and twigs

  • Flowers