Secondary Dwellings

Development Contributions for Secondary Dwelling

Known as "Granny Flats", NSW planning legislation identifies this development type as a "Secondary Dwelling".

To determine if you can construct a second dwelling on your property, landowners are encouraged to apply for a Section 10.7 Planning Certificate.  

The provisions of the State Environmental Planning Policy (Affordable Rental Housing) 2009 (AHSEPP) nominate that a legal dwelling should already exist on the property.