Thanks for celebrating Australia Day 2022 with us!
Camden Council extends a big thank you to residents who celebrated everything that makes this country great by taking part in its online Australia Day program.
More than 27,000 people engaged with the online events and activities over the course of last week, which included:
- Participate in the Flags Out campaign by putting Australia Flags on letterboxes, cars or windows and sharing photos through the #camdenausday;
- Celebrate the Camden Australia Day Award winners through watching the online announcement;
- Utilise and contribute to the Camden Australia Day Spotify playlist;
- Enter the Australia Day Facebook competition for a chance to win a meat tray;
- Watch the online Whip Cracking Demonstration; and
- View the online address by Camden’s Australia Day Ambassador, Graham Ross VMM.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said the day couldn’t have been better.
“I know many of us have had a hard run over the past few months, and indeed the past few years,” Cr Fedeli said.
“But it’s these hard times that make these sorts of celebrations all the more special, because it’s our opportunity to reflect on how much we do have and feel a sense of gratitude for all the good things in our lives.
“While it was a shame we couldn’t be together and celebrate in person, I was thrilled to see this year’s program still had something for everyone to do from the comfort of their own homes. It’s was great to see so many people get involved.
“Australia is a beautiful nation with many things to admire, and I am very proud Camden shines through as a prime example of diversity, inclusion and community.
“Regardless of how you chose to celebrate, I hope your day was filled with fun and laughter with the ones you value the most.”
For more information on Council events, go to Events Calendar » Camden Council (nsw.gov.au)