Sustainability workshops on offer for Camden
Learning how to be more sustainable in your own home will be even easier next month with the latest Sustainable Living Workshops.
The series, to be led by industry experts, will be delivered both online and face-to face with the topics including:
- Top tips and tricks to keep your home cool this summer - Saturday 5 November, 3-4pm at Oran Park Library;
- FrogID - What the ribbit is that? – Wednesday 9 November, 7-8pm as an online workshop;
- Urban veggie gardening and DIY wicking beds – Saturday 12 November, 12-2pm at Oran Park Library;
- Urban Greening & Cooling – The Gardeners Role in Cooling Their Patch – Wednesday 16 November, 7-8pm as an online workshop; and
- Building or renovating? Designing your home for thermal comfort and energy efficiency! – Saturday 26 November, 3-4.30pm at Oran Park Library.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said the workshops would provide a number of ideas for residents to help the environment.
“Council is committed to investigating and working on more sustainable practices and having residents join the cause is very important,” Cr Fedeli said.
“Being sustainable can improve the quality of our lives, protect our ecosystem and preserve natural resources for future generations.
“Our upcoming Sustainability Workshops have something for everyone to learn from and I encourage residents to take part.”
Last year, Council was recognised for its sustainability prowess after achieving Silver Partner status in the Sustainability Advantage program.
The environmental milestone program, facilitated by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment (DPE), recognises environmental improvements made by organisations.
For more information on the Sustainability Workshops, go to Sustainable Living Workshops » Camden Council (nsw.gov.au)