Sustainability tips learnt at popular workshops
Residents have learnt the latest tips and tricks on how to be more sustainable around their homes with almost 100 people enjoying Council’s latest online Sustainability Workshops.
The free workshops were hosted by a team of experts, covering the following topics:
- Native plant identification;
- Becoming waterwise at home and getting the most from your rainwater tank;
- Building or renovating for comfort;
- Solar panels and batteries;
- The five biggest veggie gardening mistakes to avoid (and seven tips to get your patch thriving this spring); and
- Ways you can create refuge for native wildlife with habitat gardening.
Camden resident Robyn Hammond was the lucky winner of the $150 voucher that was open to all residents that participated in the workshops. Robyn selected Red Leaf Nursery in Leppington for her prize, and is looking forward to purchasing some new plants to put into practice what she learnt at the workshops.
“I attended two workshops and enjoyed learning about native plants and habitat gardening,” Ms Hammond said.
“The workshops were definitely worthwhile, and I will be looking out for Council’s next workshops to participate in.”
For more information on sustainable living in Camden, go to camden.nsw.gov.au and search ‘Sustainability’.