Program to help youth join workforce
Local young people have the chance to get the best tips on joining the workforce with Council’s Camden Joblink Program beginning this month.
The program integrates initiatives and programs for youth, to help them develop skills, connect with potential employers and gain confidence when entering the workforce, and includes the following at Julia Reserve in Oran Park:
- Resume Writing on 26 September;
- Apprenticeship and Traineeship Information Evening on 1 November;
- Building Confidence and Mastering the Interview on 5 November;
- Prepping for Employment on 19 November;
- Barista Course from 27-29 September; and
- RSA and RCG course on 20 and 21 January 2023.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli, said assisting young people in making their first step into the workforce was pivotal for the future.
“Young people truly are the future of our area and Council is committed to helping them reach their goals,” Cr Fedeli said.
“The Camden Joblink Program offers a range of tips and ideas for those looking at getting their first or next job in the industry of their choosing.
“I encourage our local young people to take advantage of the offer and get the ball rolling on their careers.”
The program is the latest offer to local young people, with Council also hosting a range of events throughout the year including a Careers Expo, Youth Week festivities and creative opportunities such as Camden Shorts.