Mayor reminds residents to check their pools
Posted 10 months ago
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, is reminding residents to check their pool and spa safety barrier as we enter the warmer months of the year.
Council updated its Swimming Pool Inspection program last year, which provides information regarding the inspection of swimming pool barriers by Council and applications for a Certificate of Compliance for swimming pool barriers.
Cr Fedeli said safety in and around swimming pools were of high importance as families get their pools ready for summer.
“I know we are all eager to jump straight into our pools this summer and cool off under the warm sun, but it is so important to make sure we are doing so safely,” Cr Fedeli said.
“It is a fantastic time for residents to check their pools to keep themselves and their families as safe as possible this year.
“Making sure swimming pools and spas are compliant is of high importance as it keeps the community safe. You can do some simple checks of the barrier around your pool and ensure they are safe.”
The Swimming Pool Inspection program includes additional information such as:
- An outline of some of the NSW legislation requirements for properties for sale or lease which have a swimming pool or spa;
- Information for pool owners around mandatory registration of their pools online on the NSW Government’s swimming pool register;
- Information on properties to be leased with a pool or spa which must have: a certificate of compliance; or a relevant occupation certificate and certificate of registration;
- Information on properties to be sold with a pool or spa which must have: A certificate of compliance; or a relevant occupation certificate and certificate of registration; or a certificate of non-compliance; and
- Information on properties that require mandatory swimming pool barrier inspection.
Council has also put together a promotional video to help residents checking their own pool safety at home.
For more details on the Swimming Pool Inspection program and to view the video, go to camden.nsw.gov.au and search ‘swimming pools’.