Council launches Your Voice Camden
Residents can engage and help shape the future of the Camden area easier, with Council recently launching a new online tool.
Your Voice Camden will allow residents to share their thoughts on matters on exhibition and other topics regarding the Camden area, in helping Council make decisions.
Some of the features of the new portal include:
- 24/7 access to ensure convenience of participation for more community members;
- Privacy is protected and the discussion forums are moderated externally, independent of Council;
- Ability to search matters by topic and suburb;
- Online engagement activities such as surveys, polls, submission forms interactive maps, forums and storytelling; and
- The option to receive email alerts on topics of interest.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Therese Fedeli said the online portal gives residents the chance to stay up-to-date with what is happening in the area.
“By signing up for a free account on the portal, residents will have the opportunity to take part in online engagement activities which will inform Council decisions,” she said.
“Council is all about being open and transparent, and this gives residents the opportunity to stay in tune with what is happening in the area.
“It is important to note that Your Voice Camden is one method Council is using to connect with our community, providing a direct link to Council's decision-making processes. We hope you will find this an easy and convenient way to contribute your ideas, feelings and opinions about key projects, proposals and services.
“I encourage residents to sign up to Your Voice Camden, where they will also receive email alerts on particular topics of interest.”
Information gathered from comments, ideas, feedback and submissions made during consultation and exhibition periods helps inform the decisions Council makes.
For more information and to register, go to yourvoice.camden.nsw.gov.au