Celebrate National Families Week in Camden
Posted 4 months ago
Celebrate your family and everything that makes it great by taking part in Council’s National Families Week program this month.
National Families Week celebrates the vital role that families play in Australian society with a range of activities planned in local communities, with this year’s message being ‘Stronger Families, Stronger Communities’.
Council’s program this year includes:
- Cooking with Kids Competition, Saturday 1 to Friday 14 May;
- Free Draw Your Family Portrait workshops, Saturday 15 May;
- Family Yoga, Sunday 16 May, 10-10.30am;
- Cybersafe Workshop, Monday 17 May, 10-11am;
- Yoga Playgroup, Monday 17 May, 10-10.30am;
- Play in the Park Playgroup, Monday 17 May, 10am-noon;
- Yoga for parents and carers, Tuesday 18 May, 7.30-8.15pm;
- Supported playgroup, Tuesday 18 May;
- Child Restraint Fitting Day, Wednesday 19 May;
- Play in the Park Playgroup, Wednesday 19 May, 10am-noon;
- Families Week Playlinks Playgroup, Wednesday 19 May, 10-11.30am;
- SAFE Series Workshop, Thursday 20 May, 10-11.30am;
- Orchestra Mini Maestros, Thursday 20 May, 5pm;
- Families Week Little Umbrella Playgroup, Thursday 20 May, 9.30-11am;
- Silent Disco, Friday 21 May, 6-8pm;
- Swimming Lessons (six months to 12 years), Saturday 15 to Friday 21 May; and
- Family Storytime at Camden Libraries, Saturday 15 to Friday 21 May, 10-11am.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, said the program allowed local families to spend quality time together in the local community.
“Family is one of the most important influences in a child’s life, allowing people to feel secure with each other,” Cr Fedeli said.
“We are lucky enough to welcome many families into our area on a weekly basis, and as we continue to grow, I see each person as a valuable member of our growing Camden family.
“There are a range of activities available for our resident to enjoy National Families Week. I encourage you to bring your family together and enjoy one of the many options while remembering that family is priority in our lives.”
For more information and a full program, go to camden.nsw.gov.au and search ‘National Families Week’.