Camden's best gardens crowned
Posted 11 months ago
Beryl Rofe can officially say she has the best garden in Camden, after being crowned grand champion of Council’s Garden Competition.
The annual competition saw a record-breaking amount of entries, with over $4,000 worth of prizes being won by residents.
The winners for the 2020 Camden Council Garden Competition include:
- Senior Citizen – Beryl Rofe;
- Small Residential – Bev Tully;
- Large Residential – Beryl Rofe;
- Veggie Garden/Plot – Jai Cooper;
- Best Floral Display – Ian and Maureen Thackery;
- School/Class Plot – Catherine Field Preschool;
- Professionally Maintained Garden – Jason Clenton;
- Most Creative Garden – Jai Cooper;
- Most Sustainable – Jai Cooper;
- Best Lawn – Jason Clenton;
- Commercial Garden – Wivenhoe Retirement Village; and
- Grand Champion – Beryl Rofe.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, said the Garden Competition was a great success, with many beautiful displays being entered this year.
“It has been wonderful to see such passionate green thumbs and gardeners get involved in the competition,” Cr Fedeli said.
“The competition is a great initiative, as it encourages individuals of all ages to get involved in the act of gardening, being outdoors and creating a beautiful environment to enjoy.
“Thank you to everyone who puts in hard work and effort to make their gardens beautiful, we look forward to seeing how they develop and grow even more in the years to come.”
For more information, visit camden.nsw.gov.au and search ‘Garden Competition’.