Funding boost for community programs
Posted 2 months ago
Council will provide more than $30,000 in sponsorship funding for community programs and events to be held in the Camden area.
Twelve local community groups were confirmed as recipients of Council’s annual Community Sponsorship Program at this week’s ordinary meeting.
Mayor of Camden, Cr Theresa Fedeli, said Council was supportive of all local initiatives for the community.
“Community programs and events are the lifeblood of the Camden area as they benefit our residents,” Cr Fedeli said.
“Council supports such initiatives and it is fantastic to see so many different organisations organising programs and events to continue to serve the people of Camden.”
The community events include:
- Christmas in Narellan – Greater Narellan Business Chamber;
- Small Ford Car Club Concourse and Display Day – Small Ford Car Club;
- Headspace Oran Park turns 2 – Headspace;
- DISCOBILITY Christmas event – Macarthur Sunrise Rotary;
- Camden Musical Theatre Production 2020 – Camden Musical Society;
- Gregory Hills Community Days - Damian Richards, Miriam, Deitcher, Suzzane Matthews, Stuart Kelly;
- Wollondilly Polocrosse Carnival – Wollondilly Polocrosse;
- Carols on the Lawn – C3 New Hope;
- Harrington Park Community Carols and Fireworks event – Harrington Park Anglican Church;
- Leppington Community Carols – Hope Anglican Church;
- Oran Park Community Carols – New Life Anglican Church; and
- Carols in Macarthur Park – Camden Anglican Parish Council.
The Community Sponsorship Program provides encouragement and support to community-based groups and organisations, based on the needs of such groups, by supplementing funds that groups themselves raise for their own activities either in-kind or monetary.
Applications for sponsorship are invited twice per year for events and are assessed by the Sponsorship Allocation Committee.