Oran Park Leisure Centre
Project name: Oran Park Leisure Centre
Project address: 74 Central Avenue, Oran Park
The Oran Park Leisure Centre will be a significant addition to the precinct. Incorporating aquatic, indoor sports, health and fitness areas, it will be a multipurpose community facility, offering a large variety of activities and services for all age groups. It will be a place for social gathering, providing unification between the existing Library and Camden Council administration building.
Project budget: $63.3M.
This project is co-funded by Camden Council and Greenfields Development Company.
Expected completion date: September 2024
In February 2021, Councillors approved the concept Design for the new Leisure Centre.
- June 2020: Warren & Mahoney engaged as the Head Consultant for the project.
- November 2020: Concept design completed.
- February 2021: Schematic design completed.
- June 2021: DA lodged for assessment.
- November 2021: DA approved.
- December 2021: EOI for contractor. Detailed design completed.
- December 2021: DA determination received.
- March 2022: Early works commencing.
- July 2022: Early works completed.
- August 2022: ADCO Construction engaged as the main contractor for the project.
- September 2022: Works start on site.
- November 2022: Inground and Pilling works completed to the pools.
- January 2023: Concrete structure to the 50m pool completed.
- February 2023: Basement carpark first pour completed. Ground floor formwork commencing.
- March 2023: Leisure and Learn to Swim pool shell structures commenced. Basement carpark concrete pours continuing.
- April 2023: Leisure and Learn to Swim Pool structure complete. Basement carpark completed.
- May 2023: Concrete structure to gym and courts complete. Pool inground plumbing completed. Pool water tests completed.
- June 2023: Carpark painting and electrical works. Pool filters installed. Roof plantroom concrete structure.
- July 2023: Completion of concrete works. Delivery of long lead equipment and fittings.
- August 2023: Installation of the glulam timber beams to the 50m pool hall. Removal of formwork. Blockwork walls commence.