Duncombe Avenue Playground
Delivery of a new neighbourhood playground area in Gledswood Hills.
Project Name: Duncombe Avenue Playground
Project Address: Cnr Duncombe Avenue and The Hermitage Way, Gledswood Hills
Project Outcome: Construction of a new playground and landscaping works in Gledswood Hills.
Project Budget: $400,000
Expected Completion Date: October 2019
About the Project
Council allocated Section 7.11 funding in the 2018/19 Capital Works Program to construct a new playground and landscaping at the corner of Duncombe Avenue and The Hermitage Way, Gledswood Hills.
The new neighbourhood park and playground area will incorporate a variety of playground equipment including a new slide, arched climbing net, climbing logs and an accessible basket swing. The new park will also feature:
- a shade sail;
- a large turf 'kick around' area;
- new landscaping, trees and paths;
- a shelter with two picnic settings;
- bench seating; and
- a drinking fountain/water refill station.
Works commenced in May and are expected to be completed by October 2019, weather permitting.
A temporary construction fence will be erected around the site during the construction period. Pedestrian access around the reserve will be temporarily affected at times.
For more information on the project, you can:
- email the project team at email@example.com
- phone Camden Council on (02) 4654 7777
- Write to:
Dumcombe Avenue Playground
Major Projects Branch
PO Box 183
Camden NSW 2570
- Council report - Tender T008/2019 - Playground and Landscape Works at Duncombe Avenue, Gledswood Hills - 23 April 2019