Camden Valley Way / Richardson Road / Grahams Hill Road Intersection Upgrade
A road intersection upgrade aiming to improve safety, traffic flow and reduce delays.
Project Name: Camden Valley Way/Richardson Road/Grahams Hill Road Intersection Upgrade
Project Address: Narellan
Project Outcome: Widening and realignment of lanes which will improve road safety, reduce delays and travel times and provide better traffic management at the intersection.
Project Budget: $3.57M
Expected Completion Date: February 2019
About the Project
The Camden Valley Way/ Richardson Road/Grahams Hill Road intersection upgrade is part of the Camden to Narellan Corridor Upgrade, which is made up of a number of separate projects to improve safety, traffic flow and ensure the road has capacity for future population growth.
Approximately 18,000 vehicles a day currently use Camden Valley Way with a 30 per cent increase in traffic predicted by 2040.
Funding has been received from the Australian Government as part of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan Local Roads Package.
Works will include:
- Widening of Grahams Hill Road and Richardson Road to allow for right turn lanes into Camden Valley Way;
- Widening of Camden Valley Way;
- Lengthening the existing right turn lanes from Camden Valley Way into Richardson Road and Grahams Hill Road;
- Moving the powerlines above the intersection to underground;
- Installation of new traffic lights to include designated turning arrows; and
- Landscaping and replacement of trees.
Works commenced in mid-August 2018 and are scheduled to be completed in February 2019, weather permitting.
There will be some potential traffic delays during upgrade works with two-way traffic flow maintained on Camden Valley Way during the day.
We thank you for your patience during the construction of these improvements.
Works commenced in mid-August with the initial works including site establishment, service investigations, survey works and tree removal. The trees removed as part of the intersection upgrade will be replaced.
- Phone Camden Council on (02) 4654 7777
- Email the Project Team
- Write to:
Camden Valley Way/ Richardson Road/Grahams Hill Road Intersection Upgrade
Major Projects Team
Community Assets Division
PO Box 183
CAMDEN NSW 2570
- Community notification – Camden Valley Way / Richardson Road / Grahams Hill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Council Report – Tender T021/2018 – Intersection Upgrade at Camden Valley Way, Richardson Road and Grahams Hill Road – 24 July 2018
Project Media Centre
- Media Release - Camden Valley Way /Grahams Hill Road Intersection Update - 17 December 2018
- Media Release – Council awards tender to upgrade Narellan intersection – 26 July 2018
- Media Release - Funding Injection for Local Roads Projects - 19 February 2016
- Local Roads Package Delivering Better Roads for Camden