Camden Valley Way / Richardson Road / Grahams Hill Road Intersection Upgrade
A road upgrade project aiming to improve traffic flow, reduce delays and assisting crossing.
Project Name: Camden Valley Way/Richardson Road/Grahams Hill Road Intersection Upgrade
Project Address: Narellan
Project Outcome: Realignment and widening of lanes to improve road safety, reduce delays and make it easier for people to walk and cycle.
Project Budget: $3.57M
Completion Date: March 2019
About the Project
The Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road intersection upgrade is part of street improvements between Camden and Narellan to improve safety, traffic flow and ensure the road supports future population growth.
Approximately 18,000 vehicles a day currently use Camden Valley Way, with a 30% increase in traffic predicted by 2040.
Funding was received from the Australian Government as part of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan Local Roads Package to complete the works.
- Realigning and widening of Grahams Hill Road and Richardson Road to allow for right turn lanes into Camden Valley Way;
- Widening of Camden Valley Way and lengthening the existing right turn lanes into Richardson Road and Grahams Hill Road; and
- Moving the powerlines underground and planting replacement trees and landscaping.
Works commenced in mid-August 2018 and were completed in March 2019.
- Phone Camden Council on (02) 4654 7777
- Email the Project Team
- Write to:
Camden Valley Way/ Richardson Road/Grahams Hill Road Intersection Upgrade
Major Projects Team
Community Assets Division
PO Box 183
CAMDEN NSW 2570
- Community notification – Camden Valley Way / Richardson Road / Grahams Hill Road Intersection Upgrade
- Council Report – Tender T021/2018 – Intersection Upgrade at Camden Valley Way, Richardson Road and Grahams Hill Road – 24 July 2018
Project Media Centre
- Media Release - Traffic flowing more smoothly on Camden Valley Way - 14 March 2019
- Media Release - Camden Valley Way /Grahams Hill Road Intersection Update - 17 December 2018
- Media Release – Council awards tender to upgrade Narellan intersection – 26 July 2018
- Media Release - Funding Injection for Local Roads Projects - 19 February 2016
- Local Roads Package Delivering Better Roads for Camden