Camden Valley Way / Macarthur Road Intersection Upgrade
A road upgrade project aiming to improve traffic flow and assisting crossing.
Project Name: Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road Intersection Upgrade
Project Address: Elderslie - Camden Valley Way between Cowpasture Bridge and Curry Reserve
Project Outcome: A signalised intersection to improve road safety, reduce delays and make it easier walk and cycle.
Project Budget: $5.56M
Completion Date: October 2018
About the Project
The Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road intersection upgrade is part of street improvements between Camden and Narellan to improve safety, traffic flow and ensure the road supports future population growth.
Approximately 18,000 vehicles a day currently use Camden Valley Way with a 30 per cent increase in traffic predicted by 2040.
The design of the new intersection at Macarthur Road included moving it along Camden Valley Way towards Narellan, to allow for longer turning lanes. Traffic lights were installed for vehicles to move safely across the intersection at regular intervals. Dedicated crossings were provided for people walking and cycling.
With the development of the intersection a new open space was created and landscaped to beautify the entrance to Camden with lots of additional trees and planting.
Funding was received from the Australian Government as part of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan Local Roads Package, with a contribution from Council.
- Traffic lights for easier traffic flow to and from Macarthur Road;
- Dedicated crossings of Macarthur Road for people walking and cycling;
- New street lights;
- Realignment of the northern end of Macarthur Road creating a new open space with extensive landscaping and new paths; and
- Additional lanes on Camden Valley Way through the intersection and longer turning and merging lanes.
Works commenced mid-January 2018 and were completed ahead of schedule in October 2018.
- Phone Camden Council on (02) 4654 7777
- Email the Project Team
- Write to:
Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road Intersection Upgrade
Major Projects Team
Community Assets Division
PO Box 183
CAMDEN NSW 2570
- Council Report - Tender T002/2018 - Intersection Upgrade at Camden Valley Way and Macarthur Road, Elderslie - 14 November 2017
- Community Notification - Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road Intersection Upgrade