Camden Valley Way / Macarthur Road Intersection Upgrade
A road upgrade project aiming to improve traffic flow, reduce delays and travel times.
Project Name: Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road Intersection Upgrade
Project Address: Elderslie - Camden Valley Way between Cowpasture Bridge and Curry Reserve
Project Outcome: A signalised intersection which will improve road safety, reduce delays and travel times and provide better traffic management at the intersection.
Project Budget: $5.56M
Completion Date: October 2018
About the Project
The Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road intersection upgrade is part of the
Camden to Narellan Corridor Upgrade, which is made up of a number of separate projects to improve safety, traffic flow and ensure the road has capacity for future population growth.
Approximately 18,000 vehicles a day currently use Camden Valley Way with a 30 per cent increase in traffic predicted by 2040.
The design of the new intersection at Macarthur Road includes moving it 40 metres along Camden Valley Way towards Narellan, to allow for longer turning lanes. Traffic lights will be installed for vehicles to move safely across the intersection at regular intervals. Pedestrian and cycle access will be improved.
With the development of the intersection a new space area will be created and landscaped to enhance and beautify the entrance to Camden. Additional trees will also be planted along Camden Valley Way and Macarthur Road near the intersection.
Funding has been received from the Australian Government as part of the Western Sydney Infrastructure Plan Local Roads Package.
Works will include:
- Traffic lights on Camden Valley Way to allow traffic flow on and off of Macarthur Road;
- Pedestrian and bicycle crossing across Macarthur Road;
- New street lights and relocation of utilities on Camden Valley Way and Macarthur Road;
- Realignment of the northern end of Macarthur Road;
- Additional lanes on Camden Valley Way through the intersection;
- Longer turning and merging lanes; and
- Landscaping, paths and tree planting on the Elderslie side (Liquidamber trees on the Kirkham side will remain).
Works commenced mid-January 2018 and were completed ahead of schedule in October 2018.
- Phone Camden Council on (02) 4654 7777
- Email the Project Team
- Write to:
Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road Intersection Upgrade
Major Projects Team
Community Assets Division
PO Box 183
CAMDEN NSW 2570
- Council Report - Tender T002/2018 - Intersection Upgrade at Camden Valley Way and Macarthur Road, Elderslie - 14 November 2017
- Community Notification - Camden Valley Way/Macarthur Road Intersection Upgrade