Camden Town Centre Urban Design Framework
Project Name: Camden Town Centre Urban Design Framework
Project Address: Camden Town Centre
Completion Date: August 2018
In late 2016, Camden Council engaged a team of consultants, led by McGregor Coxall, to develop an Urban Design Framework for Camden Town Centre. This framework will provide a structure for the future direction of Camden Town Centre by addressing both existing challenges and future opportunities. Attached is a copy of the study brief.
Engagement sessions were held throughout 2017 to further gain an understanding of opportunities, challenges and big ideas for Camden Town Centre from discussion with both community members and stakeholders.
To guide initial thinking the consultant team developed a town centre revitalisation approach called “place vitality” that intrinsically integrates both masterplanning and place making together, to create a resilient and sustainable future for Camden Town Centre.
The Framework was placed on public exhibition from 24 April until 6 July 2018.
Council adopted the framework on 14 August 2018.
Interested in the background documents used in preparing the Framework Report? These can be accessed by the following links:
- Map showing Camden Town Centre study area
- Camden & Narellan Town Centres Heritage Analysis & Development Guidelines - Travis Partners Pty. Ltd, January 1990
- Camden Town Centre Draft Masterplan - Camden Council November 1995
- Camden Town Centre Masterplan - Camden Council 2000
- Camden Town Centre Strategy - Camden Council June 2008
- Bicentennial Equestrian Park Masterplan - February 2007
- Camden Town Centre Traffic & Transport Study - Brown Consulting (NSW) Pty. Ltd, September, 2013
- Camden Town Centre Mutli-Storey Car Park Study - Brown Consulting (NSW) Pty. Ltd, April 2014
- Camden Town Centre Opportunities & Issues Report - AEC Group, August 2014
- Camden Town Centre Economic Feasibility Report - AEC Group, November 2014
- Camden Destination Management Plan - February 2016
- Camden Town Farm Master and Management Plan - September 2015
- Camden Town Centre Vision Report