Camden Council's Administration Centre
The new administration centre in Oran Park includes accommodation for staff, an open plan customer service centre with meeting booths/kiosks, multipurpose rooms for meetings and events and public amenities.
Project Name: Camden Council Administration Building
Project Address: 70 Central Avenue, Oran Park
Project Outcome: A new Administration Building that allows for a growing Council and ensure that Council continues to deliver quality services to the community.
Project Budget: $35.6 Million
Completion Date: July 2016 (opened 8 August 2016)
About the Project
The Camden Local Government Area (LGA) continues to be one of the fastest growing in the State with approximately 110 new residents moving into the community every week. The Camden LGA’s population is forecast to increase from 60,000 to 275,000 over the next 30 years. Council’s focus is on the continued delivery of quality services to the community. However, as the population grows, staffing rates to deliver those services must grow with it.
Council’s previous administration buildings at Narellan and Camden reached capacity and operating two administration buildings 5km apart was inefficient. In 2008, Council engaged independent experts to assist with the selection of the most appropriate site to accommodate the new Administration Building.
In May 2012, Council resolved to endorse and accept the recommendation of Oran Park as the site for the new development. Between May and December 2012, Council purchased the land in Oran Park, and Architects were engaged to develop a design. Tenders for construction were received in March 2015, and the successful contractor Adco Constructions appointed in April 2015.
Council’s new Central Administration Building includes accommodation for staff, an open plan customer service centre with meeting booths/kiosks, multipurpose rooms for Council Meetings and events and public amenities.
- It is an exciting new development for the Camden LGA, with the new building being constructed in the heart of the LGA
- The building allows for Council’s administration staff to be in one location (currently spread across six locations) adding to convenience for customers
- The new facilities allow Council to service the needs of the growing LGA more effectively and efficiently
- Council is committed to providing the best services, facilities and outcomes for the community through new facilities such as the new Administration Building
The office administration building is bound by Charker Street to the South, Central Avenue to the West and Holstein Street to the East, once these roads have been constructed. This development also feature 250 parking spaces via a graded and decked car park immediately adjacent to the centre.
Below is a timeline for the works at the Oran Park Central Administration Building:
|Mobilisation on site||5 May 2015|
|‘Ground Breaking’ Event – Construction Commencement||11 May 2015|
|Anticipated construction completion||July 2016|
|Official Opening||8 August 2016|
There were very minimal impacts arising from construction given the location of the building.
- Council Business Paper - 10 May 2016 - Tenders T010/2016 Supply of Tables and T011/2016 Supply of Office Chairs
- Council Business Paper - 23 February 2016 - Tender for Supply of Workstations and Storage Units at New Camden Council Administration Building at Oran Park
Project Media Centre
- How are my Rates spent? Brochure - 01/06/2015
- Media Release - Ground Breaking Ceremony for new Council Administration Building - 12/05/2015
- Media Release - Tender approved for Council's new Administration Building - 20/04/2015