Camden War Memorial Pool Update
Like many other Council facilities, Camden War Memorial Pool requires extensive repair work following the significant flood impacts across the Camden area in July. The repair works being conducted are essential in order to operate the pool safely.
Works required at the Camden War Memorial Pool include:
- Repairs to the plant room roof, roof framework and cavity;
- Replacement of all internal linings to the club room and awning area;
- Replacement of all timber doors to the plant and club room;
- Replacement of the club room kitchen;
- Repairs to the main electrical switchboard, water affected general purpose outlets (GPOs/power points), data outlets and light fittings;
- Replacement of solar heating roof lines;
- Replacement of pool heat pumps;
- Empty pools (50-metre and leisure) repair and refill;
- Replacement of hot water system;
- Painting of all external and internal walls, doors and ceiling; and
- Repair and replace damaged mechanical and plumbing services to the plant room.
Unfortunately, due to contractor, supply and equipment availability, we are not expecting these works to be completed and the pool opened until early 2023. Final repair and construction timeframes are still to be determined at this stage.
Council understands this news is disappointing in the lead up to summer and apologises for any inconvenience caused.
The health and safety of the community is Council’s number one priority and we’re working hard to complete these repairs so the community can enjoy the facility safely once again.
We will update this page as necessary.
Dawson-Damer and Curry Reserve Water Play Spaces and Mount Annan Leisure Centre will be the community’s primary ways of keeping cool this summer.
The water play spaces will reopen on Tuesday 20 September and will be open every day from 10am to 7pm until April 2023.
To speak to someone about this, please call Sport and Facilities Management Team on 4654 7777 or email on email@example.com