Council awarded White Ribbon Accreditation
Camden Council is officially a White Ribbon Accredited Workplace.
Over the past 12 months, Council staff have been working towards the accreditation to create a safer and more respectful workplace especially in the areas of effective leadership, resource allocation, communication, policy development and staff training while working with local organisations including the Camden Local Area Command and the Camden-Wollondilly Domestic Violence Committee.
Camden Council is committed to working towards creating a world that is free from family and domestic violence. We believe the accreditation reiterates Council’s strong position on family and domestic violence and clearly communicates this to members of the public as well as current and future employees of Council.
Council has developed a three-year White Ribbon Workplace Program, which aims to actively and regularly work towards the prevention of violence against women. The Program outlines more than 60 actions, including:
- Participating in community groups and networks, including Camden-Wollondilly Domestic Violence Committee;
- Regularly reviewing Council policies, procedures and documentation to continuously ensure gender equality principles are applied;
- Funding, sponsoring and supporting local services and networks;
- Running staff training, including training in preventing, recognising and responding to violence; and
- Ensuring, when an issue of violence is identified, women are provided with flexible work arrangements and referred to support services.
White Ribbon Australia is a part of a global movement of men and boys working to end men's violence against women. The not-for-profit organisation aims to create an Australian society where all women can live in safety, free from violence and abuse.
For domestic violence resources go to www.saynotodv.org.au
For more information on White Ribbon Australia, go to www.whiteribbon.org.au.