Wood Smoke Reduction Program
The NSW Environment Protection Authority’s (EPA) Wood Smoke Reduction Program aims to assist local communities to raise awareness about the effects of wood smoke on health and the environment and the benefits of correct wood heater operation.
Smoke from wood heaters is a major source of air pollution. Not only is a smoking fire wasting your money, but the air pollution it causes can also effect our health.
What you can do about Wood Smoke Pollution
Harmful smoke pollution can be drastically reduced if we improve the way we use our wood heaters.
Here are some tips on how to make a difference:
- Check your heater complies with the standards
- Check your wood is aged and dry - borrow a wood moisture meter from the library
- Check you're using your heater correctly
- Don't let your fire smoulder overnight
- Dos and Don'ts of wood heaters
- Consider heating alternatives
- Check your wood moisture levels
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org