The Environmental Noise Policy provides a framework and criteria for the assessment of noise impacts from and on development.


Neighbourhood Noise

The following information can assist residents in resolving and understanding neighbourhood noise issues. These include air conditioner noise, amplified sound equipment, pool pumps, intruder alarms, noise from vehicles and how to seek a noise abatement order

For more information regarding neighbourhood noise phone Council on 4654 7777.


Construction sites

Construction site operators, owner-builders and public authority developments must comply with noise-restriction regulations under the Protection of the Environment Operations Act 1997.

The hours for construction work are specified in the development application. For information about hours for a specific construction project or to lodge a complaint, phone Camden Council on 4654 7777.