Codes SEPP

You can undertake some minor building works to your house, shop or business without a Development Application (DA).

These types of developments are known as ‘exempt development’ or ‘complying development’. They are low-impact works that don’t require a full merit assessment by Council and can be completed quicker and with less cost.

The Policy for Exempt and Complying Development in NSW is contained within the State Environmental Planning Policy (Exempt and Complying Development Codes) 2008. This is referred to as the Codes SEPP. Visit the Department of Planning and Environment website to find out more.