Latest Council update regarding COVID-19
Alert issued 28/07/2021 2:32pm
Cancellations and closures
We have introduced a number of precautionary measures until 28 August to protect members of the community, our staff and volunteers.
- Cancellation or postponement of all non-essential events, library programs and in person meetings;
- Closure of Council’s Customer Service Centre in Oran Park, the cancellation of all meetings with the Duty Planner and a suspension of all JP services;
- Closure of Camden, Oran Park and Narellan Libraries;
- Closure of Narellan and Camden Library Customer Service Hubs;
- Closure of our community facilities;
- Closure of Julia Reserve Community Centre;
- Closure of Alan Baker Art Gallery;
- Closure of the Camden Civic Centre;
- Closure of Mount Annan Leisure Centre;
- Closure of busking sites;
- Home library deliveries will be cancelled and Library return chutes will be closed. Residents will be able to hold their items until it is safe to return them. Fines will not be imposed during this period;
- No inspections will take place until restrictions end, unless for essential safety-related reasons;
- Changes have been made to the operation of our animal holding facility, which is now operating by appointment only; and
- Closure of the Visitor Information Centre.
For the latest updates on COVID-19 from NSW Health, go to https://www.nsw.gov.au/
Services running as usual
As we continue to make some changes to our services in response to the COVID-19 situation, here are some of our services that are still operating:
- The availability of our Duty Planner and Customer Service Team, which you can reach via phone (4654 7777) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to help you with DAs or any enquiries or issues you may have
- Operational services like waste, essential parks maintenance, city presentation and kerb-side pickup services
- The lodgement of customer requests and enquires via Council’s app (App Store or Google Play) or our website
- The lodgement of DAs via the NSW Planning Portal
- Our events, activities and library programs, which are moving online where possible
- Our Family Day Care service
For info on JP services, visit: www.jp.nsw.gov.au/findajp
$113 Million COVID-19 Recovery Package
Council is helping the community with Stage 3 of its relief package to help get Camden back on its feet during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Latest COVID-19 case locations
Visit here for the latest COVID-19 case locations in NSW, and what you need to do if you have visited these locations.
$16.8 Million COVID-19 Support Package
Council is helping the community with a $16.8 million support package for residents and local businesses suffering the shock of COVID-19.
This package is Stages 1 and 2 of the three-stage relief plan.